- "Jimmy Haslam’s words carry weight of four-month whirlwind with Browns" (Canton Rep) - "One-third of a year raced by since Jimmy Haslam and Joe Banner sat with us on New Year’s Eve, and we lowered our eyeglasses on a pivotal moment. Until Dec. 31, Haslam was a blustery new owner who had been able only to talk and walk tall while the last acts of the old regime expired."
- "Which Browns veteran is most likely to be replaced?" (WFNY) - "Here today, gone tomorrow. No, I’m not talking about Ezequiel Carrera or the pipeline of stating pitchers that goes from Columbus to Cleveland. In the NFL, players aren’t guaranteed next year. Every year plenty of veterans around the league sweat through roster cuts before, during and after training camp."
- "Vinny Testaverde, who replaced Bernie Kosar as Cleveland Browns QB in 1993, makes College Football Hall of Fame" (Plain Dealer) - "Former Cleveland Browns and University of Miami (Fla.) quarterback Vinny Testaverde has been elected to the College Football Hall of Fame, as announced on Monday by a National Football Foundation representative on ESPN."
- "Cribbs faces uncertain future after draft" (AFC North Blog) - "Josh Cribbs went to three Pro Bowls during his eight-year career with the Cleveland Browns, including last season. He holds seven Browns records, most of which are for returns and all-purpose yards."
- "Chris Kluwe's release by Vikings sends message that gay-marriage talk is not tolerable in NFL" (Yahoo! Sports) - "The great threat to the fabric of football did not brandish an arsenal of guns when I met Chris Kluwe in his living room in the fall of 2011. He didn't swill whiskey as we drove to his band's practice. Nor did he store PEDs in his refrigerator, instead opting for piles of fruit and a carton of milk. His television was off as it often is because – gasp – Kluwe likes to read."
- "Tough market for veterans" (ESPN) - "One of the hardest things to handle about life in the NFL is the cruel reality of aging. The NBA can find jobs for past-their-prime veterans like Grant Hill, Juwan Howard and Kurt Thomas. The Colorado Rockies didn't see a problem with having 49-year-old Jamie Moyer on the mound last season."
- "Why do so many standout USC QBs make mediocre (at best) pros?" (CBS Sports) - "Pete Carroll was asked a simple question: What happened to Matt Leinart in the NFL? Why did his career crash and burn?"
- "Tim Tebow tracker: Where will he play in 2013?" (NFL.com) - "Pat White, Seneca Wallace and both McCown brothers all are employed as NFL quarterbacks. So it shouldn't be that hard for Tim Tebow to find a gig. It just may take some time."