- "Davone Bess even more valuable to Browns in wake of Josh Gordon's suspension" (Beacon Journal) - "The Browns need Davone Bess’ playmaking ability and leadership more than ever. Bess had been a big part of the organization’s plans ever since it traded for him during the NFL Draft in April, but he’ll certainly be expected to play an even more significant role while Josh Gordon serves a two-game suspension for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy."
- "Benjamin aims to 'be better than last year'" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Travis Benjamin’s rookie highlight with the Cleveland Browns last season was a franchise-record, 93-yard punt return for a touchdown in a 30-7 win over the Kansas City Chiefs on Dec. 9. Now, the wide receiver/returner has his sights set on higher goals. After 10 weeks of offseason workouts, Benjamin is focused on being 'better than last year.'"
- "After years of waiting, Cleveland Browns guard John Greco doesn't want to relinquish a starter's spot" (Plain Dealer) - "For four years, John Greco waited for an opportunity to be an instrumental member of the 'orchestra.' That's what the Browns guard calls an NFL offensive line, a unit that doesn't include situational players or require frequent personnel changes."
- "Browns' rookies led NFL in snaps last year" (AFC North Blog) - "There's been a lot of talk about whether first-round pick Barkevious Mingo is going to start for the Cleveland Browns. Right now, he is an outside linebacker for the second team, behind Jabaal Sheard. This is the exact opposite approach of last year, when five rookies started regularly for the Browns."
- "Six reasons why Bill Belichick will sign Tim Tebow" (NFL.com) - "Tim Tebow's long, lonely walk through free agency had to end this way. The New England Patriots and Tim Tebow belong together in some indescribable, inarguable way. It all feels preordained. So why will Patriots coach Bill Belichick sign Tebow? Let's count the reasons."
- "Rear slap gets ex-NFL star C. Johnson 30 days jail" (AP) - "Former NFL star Chad Johnson was sentenced Monday to 30 days in jail for a probation violation in a domestic violence case by a judge who angrily rejected a no-jail plea deal after Johnson playfully slapped his attorney on the backside in court."
- "Vonta Leach, Ravens to part ways" (ESPN) - "The Baltimore Ravens were unable to work out a restructured deal for Vonta Leach and plan to either release or trade the three-time Pro Bowl fullback, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter."
- "Drew Brees sues ex-teammate over bogus tax credits investment" (AP) - "New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees sued a former teammate Monday for allegedly advising him to invest $160,000 in tax credits that turned out to be bogus."