- "Weeden: 'We have the potential to be really, really good'" (Plain Dealer) - "After 16 fast-paced practices in organized team activities and minicamps, Brandon Weeden has a great vibe about the team heading into the 2013 season."
- "Browns leave Berea with upbeat vibe despite Haslam crisis" (Beacon Journal) - "As he left the field on the last day of mandatory minicamp for Browns’ veterans, defensive lineman Billy Winn let loose with a couple bars of Leaving on a Jet Plane. Winn may not have been the only one singing a happy tune as he departed. The atmosphere was upbeat, the mood optimistic."
- "Paul Brown: New ways to win" (ESPN) - "Paul Brown, the first coach of the Cleveland Browns, turned the organization into a dynasty and is credited with numerous innovations that made the coaching profession what it is today."
- "Browns Film Room: Desmond Bryant" (DraftBrowns.com) - "After going undrafted in 2009, Desmond Bryant has developed into one of the most underrated players in the entire NFL. Bryant signed with the Raiders after the 2009 NFL Draft and has played multiple roles along the team’s defensive line."
- "QB Palmer works to gain chemistry with Fitzgerald" (AP) - "This week's sweltering session of OTAs came to an end for the Arizona Cardinals with quarterback Carson Palmer saying he still has work to do before he has a thorough grasp of coach Bruce Arians' offense."
- "Bill Belichick: I don't hate Tim Tebow" (ESPN) - "In the wake of a report that alleged Bill Belichick 'hates' Tim Tebow as a player, the New England Patriots' coach on Thursday told ESPNBoston.com that it was 'completely untrue.' Belichick would not comment on whether he would consider signing Tebow, but wanted to clear up any misconceptions on how he viewed the free-agent quarterback."
- "Bruce Gradkowski readies to sub for Ben Roethlisberger" (NFL.com) - "With Ben Roethlisberger out after knee surgery, backup Bruce Gradkowski is preparing to lead the reloading Pittsburgh Steelers. Given Big Ben's track record -- he has played a full 16-game slate once in nine seasons -- there is a good chance at least one of the backup quarterbacks will see time during the season."
- "Brett Favre on separation from Packers: 'I was at fault'" (CBS Sports) - "An official reunion between Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers looks like it's one step closer to happening. During an interview on Thursday, Favre did something he had never done before publicly: he took responsibility for the messy way things ended in Green Bay following the 2007 season."