This feature gives a brief snapshot of what happened during the past week related to the Cleveland Browns (or important NFL news). Outlined below is a recap from the week of June 2 - June 8, 2013.
- Sunday, June 2nd: The week starting with the thrill of everyone celebrating the birthday of site manager Chris Pokorny and wondering just how young he is. ... A more detailed agenda of the Browns' Fan Kickoff Concert on July 14th was announced, including a lot of Browns-related entertainment.
- Monday, June 3rd: Former Browns S Ray Ventrone became a member of the San Francisco 49ers, joining several other former Browns (both players and coaches) on the payroll. ... I discussed just how much adding captains to the Pro Bowl would not spice up the game itself. ... We started getting prepped for the Browns' mandatory minicamp, going over what the rules and regulations of the camp were.
- Tuesday, June 4th: Mandatory minicamp commenced for the Browns, and the big news right off the bat was the rumor that RB Trent Richardson could be out until some time in August. ... In our Day 1 recap of minicamp, Brandon Weeden and Jason Campbell took turns in terms of being productive. ... Rob Chudzinski discussed the rehab process of WR David Nelson and where he has been. ... In training camp, Chudzinski said he expects the majority of practices to be afternoon practices.
- Wednesday, June 5th: When RB Trent Richardson spoke to the media, he shot down the reports that he will be out until some point in August, proclaiming that he could play in a game this week if he needed to. ... Our Day 2 recap of minicamp saw TE Jordan Cameron leaving with a hamstring injury and K Brandon Bogotay starting to make some noise in the kicker competition.
- Thursday, June 6th: Jon Stinchcomb covered some of the challenges that Rob Chudzinski faces as a first-year head coach, based on an article from ESPN's John Clayton. ... A tall cornerback, Vernon Kearney of Lane College, was signed, while CB Prince Miller was released. ... Our Day 3 recap of minicamp focused on QB Brandon Weeden feeling good after taking all of the first-team reps in the offseason programs. ... Weeden also had heavy praise for WR Travis Benjamin. ... Rob Chudzinski talked about what will happen over the next seven weeks up until the start of training camp.
- Friday, June 7th: One big story dominated the day: WR Josh Gordon was suspended for two games, with four game pay checks being docked. ... What a way to start the portion of the offseason that falls between the end of minicamp and the beginning of training camp, eh? ... After nearly blowing it, the US Men's National Soccer Team beat Jamaica, 2-1, in a World Cup qualifying match. ... Matt Wood talked about the Browns on 1280 The Zone in Salt Lake City.
- Saturday, June 8th: I reflected one day later on the suspension to WR Josh Gordon, and what the consequences of it would be. ... Browns VP of Fan Engagement Kevin Griffin continued fielding fan suggestions on Twitter, this time about the game day music.
DBN Tweet of the Week:
Lets Go Spurs!— Dawgs By Nature (@DawgsByNature) June 4, 2013