- "Mingo, due to report Friday, still unsigned due to 'offset language' battle" (Plain Dealer) - "With Browns rookies due to report to Berea on Friday, the team and first-round pick Barkevious Mingo are still at odds over his contract, a league source told The Plain Dealer. Specifically, the Browns want offset language in the deal, and Mingo's side does not."
- "Jackson mans middle of Browns' defense" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "The Cleveland Browns are transitioning back to a 3-4 defensive front after spending the last two years in a 4-3 alignment. In making the change, the coaches have switched players to different positions along the defensive front, except for middle linebacker D’Qwell Jackson."
- "Mary Kay Cabot Believes Pilot Flying J is ‘Months From a Resolution’" (92.3 The Fan) - "Earlier, Ron Regan from NewsChannel 5 broke the story about Jimmy Haslam reaching a settlement with the 4,000 trucking companies. Mary Kay Cabot, however, believes that Pilot Flying J may be 'months from a resolution.' Mary Kay also discussed the team, as well, along with how the rookies will fare in training camp."
- "Will Trent Richardson Break the Cleveland Browns' String of One-Year Wonders in Fantasy Football?" (Yahoo! Contributor) - "Cleveland is the unofficial home of the one-year wonder in fantasy football. Numerous times in the past few years, fantasy football players have been tantalized by preseason forecasts touting Cleveland Browns players coming off of good seasons."
- "Lions release injured RB Best" (AP) - "The Detroit Lions released running back Jahvid Best on Wednesday after concussion problems prevented the former first-round draft pick from playing at all in 2012."
- "Brian Cushing gets full clearance" (PFT) - "Of the various high-profile players recovering from torn ACLs, Texans linebacker Brian Cushing has had the lowest profile."
- "Tony Gonzalez 'without a doubt' will be retiring after 2013" (CBS Sports) - "Going into the 2012 season, Atlanta Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez was 95 percent sure he was going to retire. Then he was 97 percent sure. After that, only people with advanced calculus degrees knew how sure he was."
- "Bucs sign former Giants PK Lawrence Tynes" (AP) - "Tampa Bay Buccaneers kicker Connor Barth will miss the upcoming season with a torn Achilles tendon and the team has signed two-time Super Bowl winner Lawrence Tynes as his replacement."