- "Trent Richardson, not Brandon Weeden, key for Cleveland Browns in 2013" (Beacon Journal) - "Brandon Weeden is going to be the one under the microscope. During training camp and preseason, there will be a social-media frenzy every time Weeden, the Browns’ second-year quarterback, throws an interception — or pats the ball, for that matter."
- "Safety Tashaun Gipson Says He Will Make The Most Out Of His Opportunity To Start" (92.3 The Fan) - "Browns safety Tashaun Gipson joined Mike Cairns Sunday afternoon on 92.3 The Fan. Gipson talked about getting ready for training camp, how healthy he is heading into camp, what it has been like going from undrafted free agent to possible starter, what he can take from his experiences last season, whether he thinks the Browns will be a playoff team in 2013 and what he thinks about the Browns new-look defense."
- "Joe Banner has brought a new energy to Berea, now it's about winning" (Plain Dealer) - "Joe Banner points to the kind of smart transactions he believes signify a new and improved operation in Berea. Getting something in return for Colt McCoy was one move he mentioned in Sunday's Plain Dealer Q&A. Not giving up much of anything to land wide receiver Davone Bess was another."
- "Benjamin, Bademosi anchor return, coverage units" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Johnson Bademosi made the Cleveland Browns' roster in 2012 not only for what he showed as a defensive back, but what he was able to do on special teams. And it was the impact that turned him from an undrafted free agent competing for a roster spot into one of the top coverage players in the NFL."
- "Top Dolphins pick Jordan misses 1st practice" (AP) - "Already behind in preparations for his first NFL season, Miami Dolphins top draft pick Dion Jordan sat out the first training camp practice Sunday, and declined to predict when he might take the field."
- "NFL to use NCAA concussion suit charges as defense in its own suit?" (CBS Sports) - "The NCAA held a concussion summit in April 2010. It opened the conference with a talk about the concussion rates at NCAA schools and distributed the results of a concussion survey to those in attendance -- including some of the organization's top medical executives."
- "Reactions speak louder than words" (ESPN) - "The opening of training camps unofficially ended a couple of months of bad publicity for the National Football League. No question the NFL's shield has been dented by recent arrests. Former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez is in jail on a murder charge. The Browns cut undrafted rookie linebacker Ausar Walcott after he was charged with attempted murder. DUIs were plentiful."
- "Cowboys put 3 projected starters on injured lists" (AP) - "The Dallas Cowboys have placed defensive tackle Jay Ratliff and guard Mackenzy Bernadeau on the physically unable to perform list after both sustained hamstring injuries in conditioning tests before training camp."