- "Little hopes extra work pays off this season for Browns" (FS Ohio) - "Greg Little has come a long way in a short period of time, but he feels he's ready to step up his game to an even higher level."
- "Mingo flashes skills, takes lumps during first practice in full pads" (Beacon Journal) - "With the Browns practicing in full pads for the first time this year Sunday, all eyes were on rookie outside linebacker Barkevious Mingo as he got a taste of his first live action in the NFL."
- "Weeden says he knows how to handle adversity, a key for coach Rob Chudzinski" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Quarterback Brandon Weeden doesn’t slam his helmet after an interception, and he doesn’t throw his wedge or bury it in the turf after a shank on the golf course. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t care."
- "Dion Lewis making strides at RB" (Morning Journal) - "Two weeks before the draft the Browns traded a linebacker that spent 2012 on injured reserve for a running back that carried the ball only 13 times for the Philadelphia Eagles last year."
- "Offenses suddenly short-handed" (ESPN) - "The opening weekend of training camp and some crazy offseason happenings have put a caution flag on NFL offensive plans to go fast paced."
- "Even bracing for Harvin jolt, Seahawks keep positive charge" (CBS Sports) - "Pete Carroll may, on occasion, have a bad day. Only you would never know. It would never show."
- "Broncos lose center Dan Koppen to knee injury" (AP) - "Center Dan Koppen appeared to seriously injure his left knee Sunday in 9-on-7 drills, just five weeks after rejoining the Denver Broncos following J.D. Walton's setback in his comeback from ankle surgery."
- "Jets, Milliner agree on 4-year deal" (AP) - "After a short holdout, Dee Milliner can focus on becoming the New York Jets' next shutdown cornerback. The former Alabama star, selected with the ninth overall pick in April, agreed to a four-year contract Sunday night after he missed the team's first three practices of training camp."