- "Browns hope to get a rush from their 'exotic' defense this season" (Plain Dealer) - "Joe Thomas was a member of the 2008 Browns team that recorded 17 sacks -- or three fewer than Dallas Cowboys outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware."
- "Benjamin touts speed, craves opportunity" (FS Ohio) - "Speedy wide receiver Travis Benjamin made a strong but brief first impression in his rookie season with the Cleveland Browns. Benjamin can really fly. Was it last year's offense, durability issues or just inexperience and situation that kept him from flying more often?"
- "Worrying about the Browns tight end position after week one of training camp" (WFNY) - "The Browns came into training camp with six tight ends on the roster. That’s counting Brad Smelley as a tight end. Gone is last year’s top tight end and veteran leader Ben Watson."
- "Shawn Lauvao vows to fight every step of way to retain starting job" (Beacon Journal) - "Three offensive linemen on the Browns have started every game for the past two years. The first two are easy to name: left tackle Joe Thomas and center Alex Mack. The third? Guard Shawn Lauvao, who’s almost always had his name attached to competition at his position."
- "Percy Harvin to have hip surgery" (ESPN) - "Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Percy Harvin announced via Twitter on Tuesday night that he will undergo hip surgery."
- "Julio Jones drawing raves at Atlanta Falcons camp" (NFL.com) - "Deferring to a more experienced teammate, Julio Jones conceded to Deion Sanders on NFL Network's "Inside Training Camp Live" on Tuesday that Roddy White is the Atlanta Falcons' No. 1 receiver."
- "Report: Kevin Kolb struggling in Bills’ camp" (PFT) - "The Buffalo Bills will have a new quarterback this year. Whether it will be Kevin Kolb or first-round draft pick E.J, Manuel remains to be seen."
- "New Texan Reed hopes to play in opener" (AP) - "Safety Ed Reed isn't making any promises that he'll be ready to go Sept. 9 against San Diego. Houston's biggest offseason acquisition spoke publicly Tuesday for the first time since he started training camp on the physically unable to perform list after surgery to repair a partly torn labrum on April 30."