- "Richardson wants to play in preseason but says being ready for Week 1 is ‘ultimate goal’" (Beacon Journal) - "Browns running back Trent Richardson insists he’s 100 percent healthy and wants to play Thursday night in the second preseason game of the year against the Detroit Lions, but he also is keeping the big picture in mind."
- "Mingo makes strong 1st impression" (AP) - "There seemed to be four guys wearing No. 51 for the Browns in their exhibition opener. Rookie linebacker Barkevious Mingo was everywhere. The first-round draft pick made a huge first impression in his NFL preseason debut, making big plays on defense and special teams in Cleveland's 27-19 win over the St. Louis Rams."
- "Kosar is paid to analyze; let him analyze" (FS Ohio) - "Apparently it is now illegal to have a little fun during an NFL preseason game. Someone in the offseason must have passed a law making exhibition football sacrosant. Said law must state that a guy in a booth can’t even crack a joke."
- "Jason Pinkston is back on the field, and he’d rather forget the last ten months" (WFNY) - "Jason Pinkston got emotional running through the tunnel as smoke and flames shot up all around him. It was the Browns’ first preseason game of the year, but for Pinkston it was much more than that: It was the first time that he was playing football in a real game setting again."
- "Jamaal Charles leaves practice" (ESPN) - "Pro Bowl running back Jamaal Charles left midway through the Kansas City Chiefs' practice Monday with what coach Andy Reid called a strained foot. X-rays were negative."
- "Giants S Antrel Rolle leaves practice on cart after injury" (CBS Sports) - "Giants safety Antrel Rolle was carted off the practice field Monday after suffering a right foot injury, according to several reporters on the scene."
- "RG3's displeasure with team's plans for him actually works best for Mike Shanahan" (Yahoo! Sports) - "On Monday, Robert Griffin III declared, 'there's no doubt I'm playing Week 1. That's the way I feel about it.'"
- "Big takeaways from Week 1 of preseason" (NFL.com) - "Our season has already started. The Around The League crew was up late Thursday and Friday night recapping all the preseason games and storylines before covering the two weekend games and the rest of the fallout over the weekend."