- "Bernie Kosar shouldn't change a thing in Browns' broadcast booth" (News-Herald) - "So, you think the TV ratings for the Browns-Lions preseason game might get a little bump tonight? Yeah, me too."
- "Montario Hardesty dealt another blow: Now it's another knee surgery" (ESPN Cleveland) - "No luck at all: Another day, another body blow to Montario Hardesty. Coach Rob Chudzinski announced after practice that the running back will have arthroscopic surgery on a knee on Thursday."
- "Browns to see a more complex defense against Detroit Lions" (Morning Journal) - "The Rams played a snooze to lose defense in the preseason opener last week and consequently fell behind the Browns, 17-0, before eventually leaving FirstEnergy Stadium in defeat, 29-17."
- "Ahtyba Rubin keeps motoring, leading by example" (Plain Dealer) - "On a rare humid day at Browns training camp, Ahtyba Rubin trotted to the sidelines with the rest of the first-team defense, dropped his helmet and ran two wind sprints across the width of an adjacent practice field."
- "Tom Brady's injury scare reveals fragility of his dominant run with Patriots' Bill Belichick" (Yahoo! Sports) - "The shouts of 'oh no' soon melted into hushed panic across the practice field behind Gillette Stadium. New England quarterback Tom Brady was rolling on his back, clutching the same left knee that he blew out back in 2008."
- "Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith have similar stats for Jets" (NFL.com) - "So who's winning the New York Jets' quarterback competition between Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith? According to the numbers, it's a dead heat."
- "Nick Foles gets chance to start" (AP) - "Nick Foles, you're up. Foles will be the starting quarterback when the Philadelphia Eagles play their second preseason game against the Carolina Panthers on Thursday night."
- "J.J. Watt wants on Texans offense, Kubiak talks 'Wisconsin' package" (CBS Sports) - "Breaking news: J.J. Watt is a really good athlete. But he's not just an athletic defensive end. He's a freakshow, the type of guy who led a really good Wisconsin Badgers teams in pass deflections as a defensive lineman."