- "Browns Preview: The Chud, Norv and Ray Show" (SI.com) - "From a football standpoint, it will be a real shame if the ongoing legal issues surrounding Jimmy Haslam’s Pilot Flying J business wind up hurting the Browns on the field. Haslam’s team, which he purchased last October, has amassed a very intriguing collection of leaders for a long-term plan."
- "Browns hopeful of revisiting plans for RB Dion Lewis after broken leg mends" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Changing on the fly: The Browns had swiftly become intrigued with the amazing quickness of running back Dion Lewis in a specialty offensive role until he broke his left fibula Thursday in the Detroit game."
- "David Nelson returns to practice after frustrating bone bruise in knee" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Receiver David Nelson wasn’t able to practice for almost a year after tearing his right anterior cruciate ligament. That wasn’t as tough as spending the last two weeks on the sideline with a bone bruise in the same knee."
- "Norv Turner excited about Brandon Weeden and sees no negatives" (Plain Dealer) - "Never mind that it's only preseason. Browns offensive coordinator Norv Turner says it's time to jump on the Brandon Weeden bandwagon."
- "Dustin Keller out for season" (ESPN) - "Miami Dolphins tight end Dustin Keller will miss the entire 2013 season due to a serious right knee injury he suffered Saturday night against the Houston Texans, a source confirmed to ESPN."
- "Manuel has 'procedure' on left knee" (AP) - "Knee injuries keep getting in the way of Buffalo's quarterback competition. The latest one may even have decided it temporarily."
- "Quinton Coples 'out indefinitely' after upcoming ankle surgery" (CBS Sports) - "Quinton Coples was making the move from defensive end to linebacker for the Jets this year and appeared to be a potential breakout candidate if he could figure out the position under Rex Ryan. That might not be happening now: Coples is 'out indefinitely' with an ankle injury."
- "Frazier says Adrian Peterson will play this week" (AP) - "Adrian Peterson has been cleared for takeoff. The reigning NFL MVP will make his preseason debut against the San Francisco 49ers this week, Minnesota Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said on Sunday."