- "Buster Skrine not backing down in battle with Chris Owens: ‘I do want to start’" (Beacon Journal) - "As the Browns prepare for their third preseason game Saturday on the road against the Indianapolis Colts, Buster Skrine remains locked in a competition with Chris Owens for the starting cornerback job opposite Joe Haden."
- "Horton not Satisfied" (OBR) - "The Browns starting defense thus far in the preseason has been, virtually lights out. In seven series, they have forced five punts, created one turnover and allowed three points. Defensive coordinator Ray Horton is pleased where the Browns are at for this point of the preseason, but he is far from satisfied."
- "2013 Cleveland Browns State of the Roster: Mid-Preseason Report" (DraftBrowns.com) - "Midway through the preseason, the Cleveland Browns look like a different team – an expected result considering the turnover of nearly the entire coaching staff and front office. Some position battles are revealing clear winners. Others remain a bit muddled."
- "Keeping focused: Cleveland Browns' Josh Gordon working to repair trust" (Morning Journal) - "Josh Gordon, on one scintillating play Thursday night, gave the Browns and their fans a glimpse of what they’ll miss in the first two games of the regular season when he serves punishment for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy."
- "Six-game ban likely for Von Miller" (ESPN) - "Von Miller is facing a six-game suspension for violation of the league's substance policy, according to league sources, but the sides still are negotiating as representatives of the Denver Broncos linebacker are trying to get the ban reduced to four games."
- "Back in brace, Brady's knee is OK after sprain" (AP) - "Tom Brady glanced down at his left knee brace, the one he wasn't wearing when he was injured last week. It was on at practice Monday, with some encouragement from Patriots owner Robert Kraft."
- "'Huge stretch' Gronk will be ready" (ESPN) - "It is 'not realistic' to expect New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski, who underwent offseason back and forearm surgery, to be ready to play in the team's regular-season opener against the Bills in Buffalo, sources familiar with the situation said Monday."
- "Kirk Cousins has a sprained right foot" (PFT) - "The Redskins had an uncomfortably familiar moment Monday night in their first home game since their playoff loss to the Seahawks when their starting quarterback had to exit the game with an injury."