- "Browns void trade for John Moffitt, resume search for experienced guard" (ESPN Cleveland) - "The Browns voided their trade for Seattle offensive guard John Moffitt when he essentially failed their physical exam. Moffitt thought everything was fine and was about to join his new team on the practice field Tuesday when coach Rob Chudzinski stopped to talk with him."
- "A Cleveland fan’s attempt to not read too much into Shamarko Thomas" (WFNY) - "As the Pittsburgh Steelers were bumbling and stumbling through their preseason contest against the Washington Redskins, yanking down pass rushers and throwing interceptions to men roughly two feet away, there was undoubtedly a silver lining in the Black and Yellow’s black and blue."
- "Renovations 'key' to culture change" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "When Jimmy Haslam was unanimously approved as the new owner of the Cleveland Browns on Oct. 16, 2012, he spoke of changing the environment within the organization and setting out on a course to create a 'winning culture.'"
- "Weeden is the Browns' starting quarterback" (AP) - "Brandon Weeden had a lot to prove. Before his second NFL season began, he had to convince some teammates, a new coaching staff and front office and many skeptical Cleveland fans he deserved to start."
- "Michael Vick says Eagles coach Chip Kelly won't regret making him the starting QB" (Yahoo! Sports) - "Early on Tuesday morning, Michael Vick sat in the office of Eagles coach Chip Kelly and celebrated yet another rebirth."
- "Antonio Smith banned for Week 1" (ESPN) - "The NFL will suspend Texans defensive end Antonio Smith for one regular-season game and Houston's remaining two preseason games for forcibly removing the helmet of Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Richie Incognito and then dangerously swinging it at his face, a league source told ESPN."
- "Von Miller reportedly named as potential witness to 2012 murders" (SI.com) - "A rocky offseason for Denver Broncos star Von Miller took another odd turn Monday, when it was revealed that he was listed as a possible witness in a Colorado murder investigation. The witness list for the high-profile Dexter Lewis case went public Monday, with Miller’s name one of several included."
- "Jairus Byrd signs franchise tender, ends Bills holdout" (CBS Sports) - "The Bills should be much improved on defense in 2013 (Mike Pettine's squad managed to flummox the Vikings in the preseason this weekend) and they got very good news on that front Tuesday as safety Jairus Byrd ended his holdout and signed his franchise tender."