- "Tashaun Gipson wins Browns’ starting free safety job" (Beacon Journal) - "Tashaun Gipson entered the NFL last year as an undrafted rookie from the University of Wyoming who had never played safety. Fifteen months later, he is the starting free safety for the Browns."
- "Mingo's bruised lung could lead to extended absence from action" (Plain Dealer) - "Barkevious Mingo's bruised lung could keep him out of football for months, considering he was spitting up blood and doesn't recall a sharp blow to the chest, two thoracic surgeons told cleveland.com Wednesday."
- "Albert Breer Says Injuries Not More Prevalent, Just More Attention Paid to Them" (92.3 The Fan) - "NFL Network’s Albert Breer joined Bull & Fox to talk about the fine assigned to Bears linebacker Jon Bostic for a hit he put on Chargers wide receiver Mike Willie, the league’s increased focus on illegal hits this preseason to show the players the punishment they’re subject to during the season..."
- "Wanting 'legendary' status: Joe Thomas wants to bring passion of winning back to Cleveland" (Morning Journal) - "Joe Thomas has heard the tales, listened to the stories of what Browns football was like in the 1980s when passionate fans made up songs about their favorite team and hung dog bones around the necks of statues outside Cleveland City Hall."
- "RB Arian Foster back on field for Texans" (AP) - "Houston running back Arian Foster was removed from the physically unable to perform list Wednesday and practiced with the Texans for the first time since May."
- "Jairus Byrd believed to be open to Buffalo Bills trade" (NFL.com) - "Jairus Byrd's decision to sign his franchise tender got him in training camp. Putting pen to paper didn't alleviate all issues, however."
- "Lotus pose on two" (ESPN) - "This is the Pete Carroll experience we always hear about. After flaming out as an NFL head coach, Carroll rebuilt his rep as an ultracompetitive buddy coach at USC. But beneath the perpetual smile was a guy who thought, more than anything, there was a better way to win."
- "NFL player says he'll make more money art career than in football" (FOX Sports) - "Aaron Maybin was one of the stars of the third episode of ‘Hard Knocks’ on Tuesday night, but he probably wishes it was under different circumstances. Why?"