- "Browns defensive end Ahtyba Rubin: A big guy who can run, and run, and run" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Be like Rube: A week before the draft in April, I visited with defensive lineman Ahtyba Rubin during the Browns’ first minicamp and questioned him intently about his future."
- "With cuts looming, NFL players in limbo" (FS Ohio) - "A few Cleveland Browns players joked with defensive lineman Brian Sanford when he returned to the locker room on Wednesday morning, no more than 36 hours after he'd been traded."
- "Browns notebook: Several players won’t face Colts" (Beacon Journal) - "Several Browns players won’t actually dress for the team’s "dress rehearsal" preseason game on the road Saturday night against the Indianapolis Colts."
- "16 Truths About the Browns Schedule in 2013" (TheClevelandFan.com) - "In less than three weeks, the Cleveland Browns will take the field for the 2013 NFL season facing one of the easier schedules, at least on paper, in the league."
- "Foster increases practice reps, still not ready to play" (PFT) - "Texans running back Arian Foster has returns to practice, and he’s already ramping up the reps. But he’s not ready to suit up and play."
- "Congress could 'intervene' on HGH testing in NFL" (AP) - "Saying the NFL Players Association is 'holding HGH testing hostage' after more than two years of squabbling with the league, the top Democrat on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee warned Thursday that Congress could get involved."
- "RG III's pregame T-shirt costly" (ESPN) - "Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III was fined $10,000 by the NFL for wearing unauthorized apparel before Monday night's preseason game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, a league confirmed Thursday."
- "Tim Tebow's days with Patriots may be coming to end, gets no playing time vs. Lions" (Yahoo! Sports) - "Tim Tebow spent most of this Thursday night – perhaps one of his fleeting few remaining as an NFL quarterback – standing near the 50-yard line of the New England Patriots sideline."