- "Browns' Mingo improving from bruised lung" (AP) - "Browns rookie linebacker Barkevious Mingo did some running Tuesday, a few steps forward in his recovery from a bruised lung."
- "Oniel Cousins favored to open regular season as starting right guard" (Beacon Journal) - "Offensive lineman Oniel Cousins has spent the vast majority of his five NFL seasons serving as a backup right tackle, but now he’s favored to start at right guard for the Browns when they host the Miami Dolphins in the regular-season opener Sept. 8."
- "Desire to play 'good sign' for Chudzinski" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "At a time when many coaches rest their starters in preparation for the regular season, Cleveland Browns coach Rob Chudzinski is considering playing his first-team offense and defense in Thursday’s preseason finale against the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field."
- "Greg Little and Josh Gordon plead not guilty to traffic charges" (Plain Dealer) - "Browns players Greg Little and Josh Gordon had their day in court and both pleaded not guilty to their speeding charges. Gordon appeared in Cleveland Municipal Court after being cited May 10 for going 45 mph in a 25 zone on West 25th Street near Potter Court."
- "DuJuan Harris placed on IR" (ESPN) - "Packers running back DuJuan Harris, who finished last season as the team's starter, was placed on injured reserve after re-injuring his knee in Friday's preseason game against the Seattle Seahawks."
- "Rex Ryan should turn his back on Jets" (AP) - "If Rex Ryan had any gumption he would wait until the eve of the New York Jets' first game then pack his white turtlenecks, his logoed sweater vests and his khaki game pants, drop them on the lawn of Jets owner Woody Johnson, douse the pile with gasoline and leave his flaming resignation crackling high into the night air."
- "Darren McFadden would like to stay an Oakland Raider" (NFL.com) - "What can we expect from Darren McFadden in 2013? The Oakland Raiders probably are wondering the same thing. The running back is coming off a dreadful season in which he averaged 3.3 yards per carry in an offense that didn't play to his strengths."
- "Job Insecurity: Rex Ryan, Jason Garrett among NFL coaches on the hot seat" (SI.com) - "Change is an absolute in the NFL, and for teams in need of major change, the replacement of a head coach is often the first shot fired."