- "Bess emerging as reliable target for Browns offense" (FS Ohio) - "Brandon Weeden stepped back and delivered a strike to Davone Bess downfield in the seam during the team scrimmage portion of practice during Family Night at FirstEnergy Stadium in front of 24,131 fans."
- "Mitchell Schwartz not content with good rookie season, wants to keep getting better" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Browns right tackle Mitchell Schwartz recognizes his first NFL season was solid, but not spectacular. After breaking through the rookie wall, the 6-foot-5, 320-pounder plans on making his sophomore year much more successful."
- "Chris Owens' journey to the Cleveland Browns began on the mean streets of Los Angeles" (Plain Dealer) - "New Browns cornerback Chris Owens remembers ducking and dodging bullets on the streets of inner-city Los Angeles as a boy, and hearing gunfire pierce the night while chilling with some of his five older siblings in the refuge of their living room."
- "Former Browns president Mike Holmgren at practice" (AP) - "Old habits apparently die hard for Mike Holmgren. When the former Cleveland Browns president found himself driving by the team's training facility Friday, he couldn't help but stop in."
- "Source: Bulaga has torn ACL" (PFT) - "We’re still several days away from the first full weekend of preseason action, and yet another player is done for the duration."
- "Heyward-Bey leaves Colts practice with knee injury" (AP) - "Colts receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey was diagnosed with a sprained left knee Sunday, and it's unclear how much time he might miss."
- "Packers to give Vince Young a look" (ESPN) - "The Green Bay Packers will have former first-round draft pick Vince Young in for a workout Monday, a source said."
- "Hall of Fame DT Art Donovan dead at 89" (AP) - "Art Donovan, the lineman whose hilarious stories about his football career enabled him to maintain his popularity long after his election into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, died Sunday night. He was 89."