- "Weeden, Browns look sharp in opener vs. Rams" (AP) - "Browns coach Rob Chudzinski looked calm, cool and crisp in his NFL exhibition debut. So did his team, especially his starting quarterback."
- "Observation deck: Browns-Rams" (AFC North Blog) - "Here are my thoughts on the Browns' 27-19 win over the St. Louis Rams on Thursday night: The Browns contend there is a quarterback competition, but Brandon Weeden likely ended any notion of one."
- "Benjamin displays 'stupid speed' on return" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Speed. Vision. Elusiveness. Those are key ingredients for any kick-returner to be successful, and Travis Benjamin showed them all on his 91-yard punt return in the Cleveland Browns’ 27-19 win over the St. Louis Rams in the preseason-opener at FirstEnergy Stadium Thursday night."
- "Preseason Blitz: Cleveland Browns QB Brandon Weeden has promising 2013 debut" (Shutdown Corner) - "There are a few quarterbacks who come into this season not in a battle for their starting job, but needing to prove they are the long-term answer for their respective teams."
- "Sights, stats and sounds from Browns-Rams" (News-Herald) - "We maneuvered well. We didn't have any penalties. We didn't do anything to move backwards. We got some first downs and put together a nice scoring drive. For the first game out, without seeing tape, I think we did some good things."
- "Source: Burress may miss season" (ESPN) - "Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Plaxico Burress has a torn rotator cuff, which could end his season, a source familiar with the injury told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter."
- "Vick to start, split time with Foles vs. Patriots" (AP) - "Michael Vick or Nick Foles? Might as well flip a coin. Vick will start for the Philadelphia Eagles in their preseason opener against New England on Friday night only because it's his turn to go first in the quarterback rotation."
- "Ravens roll over Buccaneers" (CBS Sports) - "The new-look Baltimore Ravens were tough, physical and opportunistic, all good signs for a team seeking another run to the Super Bowl."
- "Sources: Von Miller's hearing set" (ESPN) - "Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller's appeal of his four-game suspension is now scheduled to be heard Aug. 15, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Thursday."