- "Desmond Bryant excels in his Cleveland Browns debut, backs up talk about defensive line" (Plain Dealer) - "Desmond Bryant raised eyebrows and expectations last month in analyzing the potential of the Browns’ defensive line."
- "Browns will not make a change at right guard after Oniel Cousins' rude baptism" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Confidence in Cousins: There will be no changing of the guard on the right side of the Browns’ line."
- "Where are the Browns rookies?" (FS Ohio) - "In the immediate aftermath of the mess that was Opening Day for the Browns, one quote from head coach Rob Chudzinski seems to stand out above the others."
- "Browns fans not only bummed out by losing, but by lack of offense" (Plain Dealer) - "Why are Browns fans already so gloomy? Some of the people who just joined the Browns organization may be wondering that. Yes, they lost 23-10 to Miami. Yes, it was a stink bomb of an opener."
- "Report: Surgery for Shane Vereen" (ESPN) - "New England Patriots running back Shane Vereen needs surgery to repair a small broken bone in his wrist and will miss a few weeks, Fox Sports reported Monday."
- "Romo will play on as X-rays show no damage to ribs" (AP) - "Tony Romo should be able to keep playing through a rib injury sustained against the New York Giants after X-rays showed no structural damage."
- "Robert Griffin III says his knee is no excuse for slow start" (PFT) - "Washington quarterback Robert Griffin III looked rusty to start Monday night’s season opener, but he said after the game that his knee is not the reason."
- "Mike Wallace 'mad at myself'" (ESPN) - "Miami Dolphins receiver Mike Wallace cleared the air Monday on the controversy over his comments following Sunday's 23-10 victory over the Cleveland Browns."
- "THE FANS THEY DON'T DESERVE" (Sports on Earth) - "I've been in town for about 48 hours, and already six people have told me about Scott Entsminger. Dozens more have emailed me. You want to know how we feel about the Browns? Scott Entsminger is your answer. That's what everyone tells me."
- Editor's note: Generally, the Afternoon Delight is an amusing satire related to the Browns. Today's isn't satire. It's a dose of cold, hard reality about what it's like to be Browns fans and how they deserve more.