- "After ugly Browns opener, plenty of blame to go around besides QB Brandon Weeden" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "The Browns turned 0-1 into 0-5 last year, 0-3 in 2010, 0-4 in 2009 and 0-3 in 2008. Since 2005, the only times an opening loss became a winning record were during the 10-6 season of 2007 and at 2-1 in 2011."
- "Rattled by Dolphins, Cousins facing tough task against Ravens" (Morning Journal) - "For better or worse, for rich and even richer, in injury and in health, a quarterback is married to his offensive line. Oniel Cousins will be Brandon Weeden's right guard until Shawn Lauvao recovers from ankle surgery in early August."
- "Tracking the Browns defense: How many times did they blitz?" (WFNY) - "Re-watching every pass attempt, I noted the number of rushers and tried to make notes on who got pressure on the quarterback and what the down and distance was. Would there be any patterns? Yes, but not necessarily the kind you would hope for."
- "Jason La Canfora: Weeden’s Starting Job Is Week-To-Week" (92.3 The Fan) - "CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora joined Baskin & Phelps Tuesday to discuss Brandon Weeden being on the hot seat, the gameplan of Chud and Norv, the AFC North’s slow start, Chip Kelly stealing headlines, and more!"
- "Danny Amendola unlikely to play" (ESPN) - "New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola is almost certain to miss Thursday night's game against the New York Jets because of a groin injury, although it is too early to rule him out, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder."
- "Suh slapped with $100K fine for illegal block" (AP) - "Ndamukong Suh's latest controversial play drew a hefty fine. The Detroit defensive tackle was docked $100,000 by the NFL for his illegal low block on Minnesota center John Sullivan in the Lions' season-opening victory Sunday."
- "The Week in Overreactions: Gabbert, Tebow not answers for Jaguars" (CBS Sports) - "Tim Tebow may be gone but he will never, ever be forgotten. That's an overreaction, but the reality is that his name will come up whenever we're confronted with a struggling starting quarterback, especially one from Tebow's hometown."
- "NFL Draft 2014 Risers/Fallers: In defense of Gamecocks’ Jadeveon Clowney" (SI.com) - "Here’s what you do, as an offense, when the opposition has one dominant player across the line: avoid him."