- "Return of LB Barkevious Mingo should help Browns from gassing out in Baltimore" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Here comes Mingo: Rookie linebacker Barkevious Mingo has been cleared to practice with full contact and play Sunday in Baltimore. The game is exactly four weeks after Mingo suffered a bruised lung running down on a Browns kickoff in the second preseason game on Aug. 15."
- "Weeden aspires to be like Ravens’ Joe Flacco, but is nowhere close" (Beacon Journal) - "Brandon Weeden isn’t a new-age quarterback who possesses the mobility needed to run a read-option offense, but he believes there is still hope for his traditional drop-back style in today’s NFL."
- "Weeden calls Sports Illustrated's expose on Oklahoma State 'comical'" (FS Ohio) - "Former Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden read the first of Sports Illustrated's five-part expose into Oklahoma State's football program released on Tuesday, and on Wednesday the Cleveland Browns quarterback called it 'comical.'"
- "Browns-Ravens Preview" (AP) - "Facing the Cleveland Browns in a much-anticipated home opener might be what the Baltimore Ravens need to move on from a horrible start to their season. Following one more celebration of their second Super Bowl title, the Ravens hope to get back on track while trying for an 11th straight victory over the Browns on Sunday."
- "Jamaal Charles OK; Jermichael Finley misses practice" (NFL.com) - "Jamaal Charles missed part of the Kansas City Chiefs' season opener with a quadriceps injury, only returning to the field for one play after the injury."
- "Rams coach Fisher squelches rumors of USC job" (AP) - "St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher squelched talk he might be in line to be the next coach at Southern California, where he played in college."
- "How do young QBs become great?" (ESPN) - "George Whitfield preached, prodded and pulled every last tactic out of his endless imagination to prepare a talented quarterback named Andrew Luck for the NFL scouting combine a year ago."
- "Undercover cops will wear 49ers jerseys in Seattle on Sunday night" (PFT) - "As the Seattle Seahawks prepare to host their arch-rivals on Sunday Night Football, the 12th Man needs to keep one thing in mind. That 49ers fan you’re harassing could be a cop."