- "Trent Richardson wants to carry load for Browns" (AP) - "Trent Richardson has that unassuming way. With his bright smile, cheerful attitude and a soft Southern accent that could fry chicken, the Browns running back makes anything sound diplomatic."
- "Mingo to see limited action vs. Ravens" (Plain Dealer) - "Linebacker Barkevious Mingo will have his NFL debut Sunday in Baltimore as the Browns give him some limited action after his recovery from a bruised lung, defensive coordinator Ray Horton said Thursday."
- "Kruger ready for his dose of revenge against Ravens" (Beacon Journal) - "As the Baltimore Ravens honor their Super Bowl championship team from last season by playing a video and unveiling permanent banners before their home opener at M&T Bank Stadium, Paul Kruger will be hit with a wave of memories and emotions."
- "Ravens' Caldwell talks up Browns defense" (Morning Journal) - "Ravens offensive coordinator Jim Caldwell had high praise for the Browns’ defense Thursday while talking to the Baltimore media."
- "Danny Amendola could miss 2 to 6 weeks for Patriots" (NFL.com) - "On the bright side, the Patriots 'hope' Rob Gronkowski will return from his back and forearm injuries by Week 3 versus the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The tight end 'will be playing in Week 4' when the Pats visit the Atlanta Falcons, Rapoport reported."
- "Chiefs' Charles back at practice with bruised quad" (AP) - "Pro Bowl running back Jamaal Charles was back at practice Thursday after missing the previous day's work out with a bruised thigh muscle sustained in last week's win over Jacksonville."
- "Turmoil in Tampa Bay doesn’t bode well for Josh Freeman’s future" (SI.com) - "With his contract expiring at the end of this season, and the Buccaneers using a third-round pick on Mike Glennon, all signs pointed to this being a make-or-break year for Josh Freeman. Week 2 has not even arrived yet, and the situation may have broken already."
- "Something doesn’t add up regarding Sanchez’s shoulder" (PFT) - "A variety of reports and comments have emerged in the past day or so regarding the shoulder of Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez. Taken together, the situation doesn’t make sense."