- "In need of a running back, Cleveland Browns to bring in Willis McGahee for a physical" (Plain Dealer) - "Willis McGahee has enjoyed a productive nine-year NFL career, one bookended by two serious knee injuries."
- "No more hiding for Banner, Lombardi" (FS Ohio) - "Eleven or so months after starting the move into his position of power with the Cleveland Browns, there is no more anonymity for Joe Banner."
- "Browns throw white flag on season with Trent Richardson's trade to Colts" (Yahoo! Sports) - "For the Cleveland Browns, this was a move straight out of the NBA. First, take a long, honest look in the playoff-possibility mirror."
- "Browns must deliver franchise QB in '14" (AFC North Blog) - "The Cleveland Browns are officially on the clock. The Browns must deliver a franchise quarterback in the 2014 draft, or the next excruciatingly painful 14 weeks will be an utter waste."
- "Who Will Cleveland Browns Target With All-In Approach to 2014 NFL Draft?" (b/r) - "Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay shocked the world Wednesday by announcing his team had traded a 2014 first-round pick to the Cleveland Browns for running back Trent Richardson."
- "A first-round pick for Trent Richardson? No-brainer for Browns" (CBS Sports) - "I think it's pretty fair to base an opinion of a trade off of the unsolicited opinions that tend to trickle in."
- "Trent Richardson was expendable" (ESPN) - "Forget for one minute how bizarre it is that the Cleveland Browns just traded running back Trent Richardson, the third overall pick in the 2012 draft, to the Indianapolis Colts just two games into this season."
- "Richardson trade tells us what Browns think of their past, present, and future" (SI.com) - "If nothing else, the last 14 months have marked a time of severe change for the Cleveland Browns. On Aug. 2, 2012, Jimmy Haslam purchased majority ownership in the franchise from Randy Lerner."
- "Colts ready to make move with Trent Richardson" (NFL.com) - "The Indianapolis Colts made a trade Wednesday that doubled as a statement of intent: The time to make a Super Bowl run is now."
- "Colts trade for Trent Richardson is a bold, but bad, move" (CBS Sports) - "I have great respect for Indianapolis Colts general manager Ryan Grigson. He isn't one to back down from his beliefs and he's more than willing to tell you when he doesn't agree with something you wrote. I like that."
- "Broncos lose LT Clady for season to foot injury" (AP) - "Peyton Manning will have a new left tackle protecting his blindside after the Denver Broncos placed Ryan Clady on season-ending injured reserve Wednesday."
- "Robert Griffin III: 'I can run more'" (ESPN) - "Robert Griffin III said the Washington Redskins' offense needs a spark. And he knows where it can come from: his legs."