- "Joe Thomas will reach 100 consecutive starts on Sunday" (Plain Dealer) - "Tackle Joe Thomas has been so dominant for so long that rookie Garrett Gilkey said Thomas' greatness might get taken for granted."
- "Haden vs. Green rivalry will be renewed on Sunday" (Morning Journal) - "One wide receiver gives cornerback Joe Haden more trouble than any other in the league, and he just happens to be the player Haden will try to shut down next when the Browns attempt to prove beating the Vikings wasn’t a fluke."
- "Stopping The Run - So Far, So Good" (OBR) - "It has been a long,long time since the Browns were able to stop the run. In fact, the Browns haven't finished a season holding the opponent's rushing average per game below 100 yards since 1987 when the Browns finished giving up an average of 95.5 a game."
- "Cameron just getting started?" (FS Ohio) - "The Cincinnati Bengals come to Cleveland Sunday with two blue-chip tight ends, a first-round rookie who's bigger than most linebackers and faster than some safeties, and a former first-rounder who's gone to the Pro Bowl in both previous seasons in which he's been a full-time player."
- "Barkevious Mingo meets an old friend in likely first NFL start" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Fancy meeting you: Brian Hoyer’s first home start with the Browns has obvious special meaning to the native Clevelander. The same can be said of rookie linebacker Barkevious Mingo."
- "Sources: QB Terrelle Pryor likely out" (ESPN) - "Oakland Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor, who suffered a concussion Monday night, is unlikely to play Sunday against the Washington Redskins, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter."
- "Gronkowski’s outlook for Sunday not optimisitc" (PFT) - "Last week, it was reported that Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski was 50-50 to play against the Bucs. We reported thereafter that he was closer to doubtful. He ultimately didn’t play."
- "NFL Overseas Makes All The Cents In The World" (SI.com) - "Sunday marks the first of two games of the 2013 NFL International Series as the Minnesota Vikings 'host' the Pittsburgh Steelers at Wembley Stadium in London (the Jacksonville Jaguars meet the San Francisco 49ers next month)."
- "Rams welcome Sam Bradford contract extension talks" (NFL.com) - "St. Louis Rams fans continue to wait for Sam Bradford to play like a No. 1 overall pick. He hasn't played poorly through four seasons, but he often leaves observers wanting more."