- "What Do Advanced Statistics Say About Cleveland Browns' Preseason?" (b/r) - "The use of advanced analytics has revolutionized the game of baseball and was even the subject of a feature film. Billy Beane and the Oakland Athletics were pioneers on the analytics frontier."
- "Browns improving, but booted decision to let kicker Dawson go" (CBS Sports) - "While NFL personnel decisions are always a risky, it's hard to explain what is going on with the Cleveland Browns' kicking situation, where they let proven veteran Phil Dawson go and have backed themselves into a bit of a kicking mess."
- "Setting the bar for the 2013 Cleveland Browns" (WFNY) - "There is a big difference between expectations and predictions. I’ve been very consistent with my Browns expectations since last season ended, and I’m not willing to change them now."
- "Browns hope to break streak of season opening losses" (FS Ohio) - "It's no secret the Browns records in season opening games has been abysmal. They have been 1-13 since the team returned in 1999, including losses in their last eight seasons. The last win in the first game was a 20-3 win over the Ravens under Butch Davis."
- "Geno to start; competition not done" (ESPN) - "The Geno Smith era starts now. But don't get too comfortable, kid."
- "NFL offering millions for helmet innovations" (USA Today) - "The NFL launched a $10 million incentive program Wednesday aimed at finding better shock absorbent materials for helmets and other technological advances to protect the brain from concussions."
- "Percy Harvin hints at early return from hip injury for Seahawks" (SI.com) - "The initial prognosis for Seahawks wide receiver Percy Harvin, following his late-July hip surgery: three to four months of recovery and rehab, with Week 13 reportedly targeted as a return date."
- "RG3 puts Redskins in slide or die situation" (Yahoo! Sports) - "The great test of Robert Griffin III will not come on the first cut he makes on his rebuilt right knee. It won't come on Monday night when the Philadelphia Eagles send their first blitz not previously detected on film. The test will come in the cavern of FedEx Field when he takes off running."