- "‘Radioactive’ Browns appear to be set up for Mike Pettine to fail" (ABJ) - "A reporter didn’t get the word radioactive out of his mouth before Browns owner Jimmy Haslam jumped down his throat."
- "Why Mike Pettine makes sense for Cleveland Browns" (NFL.com) - "It was messy, but the Cleveland Browns don't owe anybody an apology."
- "The road to Browns hiring Mike Pettine" (ESPN) - "The list of candidates the Cleveland Browns went through before hiring Mike Pettine as coach."
- "Joe Haden hopes Mike Pettine brings 'attitude'" (NFL.com) - "Joe Haden doesn't know much about new Browns coach Mike Pettine. However, the cornerback hopes his new coach will bring swagger to Cleveland."
- "Brian Hoyer Feels Mike Pettine Brings Leadership, Direction" (92.3 The Fan) - "Cleveland Browns quarterback Brian Hoyer never got his fairytale ending to the 2013 season."
- "Battle-scarred Browns begin the healing process with the hiring of Mike Pettine as head coach" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Tough and ready: Over 25 days since they fired Rob Chudzinski after one year as coach, the Browns have taken shots from all corners of the NFL world and beyond."
- "Gospel of St. Vince" (ESPN) - "Vince Lombardi was adrift at age 26, searching in vain for a purpose. He had already decided against being a priest, or a lawyer, or a debt collector, or a butcher like his old man."
- "Goodell: NFL would consider medical marijuana if it helps concussions" (CBS Sports) - "NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Thursday that if medical experts were ever able to show that medical marijuana could help treat concussions, he would consider allowing players to use it."
- "Eli: Peyton doesn't have to win to secure legacy" (AP) - "They are two of the NFL's most well-known quarterbacks. They telephone each other at least once a week to talk shop, work together on an offseason passing camp, and have appeared in a number of television commercials."