- "Josh McDaniels mum on how coaching interview went" (Morning Journal) - "The Browns are sticking to their vow of silence during their search for a new head coach. But one candidate is talking, although he isn’t saying much."
- "Browns fans tired of being sick and tired" (ESPN) - "Cleveland Browns CEO Joe Banner said at the team’s last news conference that he understood the feelings of the team’s fans."
- "The Houston Texans are willing to trade the draft's top pick, should the Browns try to move up?" (Plain Dealer) - "The Houston Texans finished the season with 14 straight losses. Their 2-14 record earned them the first pick in the 2014 NFL draft. But with more than four months until draft day, Texans owner Bob McNair says his team is willing to move out of the top spot despite their glaring need for a new quarterback."
- "Manoloff 'Not Getting Caught Up In Names' In Browns Coaching Search" (92.3 The Fan) - "Dennis Manoloff of the Cleveland Plain Dealer joined Chirs Fillar this morning. Manoloff talked about the Browns current coaching search, who they are sill wanting to talk too, not worrying about names and the front office."
- "Playoff expansion? Forget about it" (ESPN) - "It was better than any holiday movie Hollywood threw at us, more compelling even than last week's zany run of college bowl games and light-years more entertaining than the third season of 'Homeland.'"
- "Demand increases for Whisenhunt" (PFT) - "With five NFL coaching jobs open, one name continues to emerge on the various wish lists: San Diego offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt."
- "Delicate Footwork" (SI.com) - "How long can you teeter on the edge of a cliff before falling off? How much longer can Colin Kaepernick and the 49ers keep on living dangerously?"
- "Andy Dalton: I expect to be in Cincinnati for a long time" (CBS Sports) - "Since drafting Andy Dalton in 2011, the Cincinnati Bengals have made it to the playoffs three straight times, only to lose in the first round each time."