- "Ben McAdoo, a former University of Akron assistant, becomes surprise candidate" (ABJ) - "A new name has surfaced in the Browns’ search for their seventh full-time head coach since 1999, and virtually no one saw it coming."
- "Forget Manziel, Browns better with Watkins" (ESPN) - "What is the main thought that comes to mind now that Johnny Manziel has made himself eligible for the NFL draft? The Cleveland Browns should take Sammy Watkins, the receiver from Clemson."
- "Browns 2014 outlook: Assessing the QB situation" (FSO) - "Hoyer was inactive as the third quarterback for the first two games of the season before being elevated from third-team to first-team when Weeden was injured."
- "In 15th year, Dawson finally gets his playoff win" (AP) - "Phil Dawson walked off the field in triumph, his left hand still raised in the freezing air. San Francisco's veteran kicker waited 15 years for his first playoff victory. And 11 years to return to the postseason after his lone previous trip after 2002 with Cleveland."
- "GM noncommittal on Terrell Suggs" (ESPN) - "Baltimore Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome was noncommittal on whether linebacker Terrell Suggs will be on the team next season."
- "Steelers president: Contract extension for Ben Roethlisberger will happen" (SI.com) - "Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has indicated that he wants to retire as a Steeler and team president Art Rooney II echoed those sentiments on Wednesday when he met with reporters."
- "Harvin moves closer to playing" (PFT) - "The Seahawks received minimal return on their investment in Percy Harvin during the regular season. With the playoffs here, they could be getting plenty of bang for their millions of bucks."
- "Trent Richardson wants to make statement vs. Pats" (NFL.com) - "Trent Richardson won't take many fond memories from his playoff debut."