The NFL Honors show is complete, and the Cleveland Browns were only poked fun at once by host Alec Baldwin.
Alec: "I see Josh Gordon here."
(camera pans to Gordon in the audience)
Alec: "This year Josh became the first receiver in NFL history to have 200 receiving yards in consecutive games. In Cleveland Brown yards, that's like a billion."
(cue laughter from audience)
Gordon was a candidate for fantasy player of the year, but did not win it. Gordon also ended up receiving two votes for "comeback player of the year" for some reason. No other Browns player was up for an award.
NFL Associated Press Awards
Here are the awards for the NFL, as announced by the Associated Press.
- Offensive Rookie of the Year: The winner is Packers RB
, who had 35 votes. The other people who got votes were Chargers WR Keenan Allen (12), Bengals RB Giovani Bernard (1), Vikings WR Cordarelle Patterson (1), and Lions OT Larry Warford (1).
- Defensive Rookie of the Year: The winner is Jets DT Sheldon Richardson, who had 23 votes. The other people who got votes were Bills LB Kiko Alonso (19), Saints S Kenny Vaccaro (4), Cardinals S Tyrann Mathieu (2), and Panthers DT Star Lotulelei (2).
- Coach of the Year: The winner is Panthers head coach Ron Rivera, who had 21.5 votes. The other people who got votes were the Chiefs' Andy Reid (13.5), Patriots' Bill Belichick (7), Eagles' Chip Kelly (4), Seahawks' Pete Carroll (3), and Cardinals' Bruce Arians (2).
- Defensive Player of the Year: The winner is Panthers LB Luke Kuechly, who had 19 votes. The other people who got votes were Colts LB Robert Mathis (11.5), Seahawks S Earl Thomas (7.5), Rams DE Robert Quinn (6), Seahawks CB Richard Sherman (4), and Texans DE J.J. Watt (2).
- Offensive Player of the Year: The winner is Broncos QB Peyton Manning, who had 33 votes. The other people who got votes were Eagles RB
(10), RB Jamaal Charles (4), Patriots QB Tom Brady (1), Seahawks QB Russell Wilson (1), and Saints QB Drew Brees (1).
- Comeback Player of the Year: The winner is Chargers QB Philip Rivers, who had 13 votes. The other people who got votes were Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno (8), Eagles OT Jason Peters (8), Buccaneers CB Darrelle Revis (6), Dolphins CB Brent Grimes (3), Chiefs QB Alex Smith (2), Panthers LB Thomas Davis (2), Redskins WR Pierre Garcon (2), Browns WR Josh Gordon (2), Ravens LB Terrell Suggs (2), Cowboys LB Sean Lee (1), and Eagles RB LeSean McCoy (1).
- Most Valuable Player: The winner is Broncos QB Peyton Manning, who had 49 votes. The only other person who had a vote was Patriots QB Tom Brady (1).
Browns WR Josh Gordon represents the Browns in style at the NFL Honors, as he sits alongside NFL agent Drew Rosenhaus.
Tonight, the third annual NFL Honors show will take place, where all of the coveted awards that the Associated Press hands out will be announced. The show begins at 8:00 PM EST on FOX and will be hosted by Alec Baldwin again; you have to wonder how many Browns-related jokes we will hear in the opening monologue. Unlike last year, I do not believe any members of the Browns are under consideration for the awards, but it should be a fun couple of hours to watch, nonetheless.
Pokorny's Ballot for the AP Awards
Offensive Player of the Year: , RB, Kansas City Chiefs*
Defensive Player of the Year: , CB, Seattle Seahawks
Offensive Rookie of the Year: , WR, San Diego Chargers
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Kiko Alonso, LB, Buffalo Bills
Comeback Player of the Year: Knowshon Moreno, RB, Denver Broncos
Coach of the Year: Andy Reid, Kansas City Chiefs
*Charles deserves it, but Manning will probably get it. I personally feel that the MVP winner should be ineligible for the sub-award.