- "Browns shakeup creates a new team in GM Ray Farmer and coach Mike Pettine" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Farmer in the dell: Ray Farmer ascended to the office of Browns general manager with clean hands. His fingerprints were not on the knife twisted in the back of Rob Chudzinski."
- "Browns Promoting Ray Farmer Was a Much-Needed Course Correction" (B/R) - "Amid the disaster that has been the Cleveland Browns offseason, perhaps there is finally a ray of light. Pun intended. Owner Jimmy Haslam cleaned house on Tuesday by jettisoning general manager Michael Lombardi and announcing C.E.O. Joe Banner will be stepping down."
- "Factors that led to front office streamlining" (ESPN) - "Jimmy Haslam’s remake (i.e. streamlining) of the Cleveland Browns front office was a major bombshell. But according to league sources familiar with the way things went with the Browns in 2013, the decision was a culmination of Haslam, the Browns' owner, coming to grips with several factors, primarily that the structure CEO Joe Banner convinced him to build was not working."
- "Browns fans waiting to embrace Ray Farmer, who is in good position for 2014 draft" (Plain Dealer) - "The door of hope now swings wide open for Ray Farmer. While I would have preferred the Browns' new general manager to have had a major say on the hiring of the new coach, Farmer inherits a very promising situation."
- "A season of significance at Missouri" (ESPN) - "In the days before he came out to his teammates last fall, Michael Sam had been both inspired and heartbroken."
- "Packers could be big spenders; B.J. Raji might depart" (NFL.com) - "The Green Bay Packers are usually bystanders while other teams throw around millions in free agency. That's about to change."
- "Richie Incognito rips Jonathan Martin, says Martin mulled suicide" (CBS Sports) - "A couple of days ago, Dolphins teammates Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin were in agreement on at least one matter."
- "Jadeveon Clowney says he would have stayed in school if paid" (SI.com) - "Former South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney said that he might have stayed in school for another year if he were paid for being a college athlete."