- "GM FOR A DAY: CLEVELAND BROWNS" (Sports on Earth) - "Cleveland needs this series to be re-titled 'GM for a Week and a Half -- At Least,' because a day is hardly enough to fix all of the problems that face this organization. In truth, the perfect offseason for Cleveland would be one that stretched into eternity, with the team never actually having to take the field, or its lumps."
- "Mike Pettine shows people skills that might help Browns build winner" (ABJ) - "It will be at least seven months before Browns first-year coach Mike Pettine can prove whether he has the depth of football knowledge to turn the moribund team around."
- "It's not his father's shadow that Browns new offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan needs to escape" (ESPN Cleveland) - "So long, Bob: You might presume that Kyle Shanahan has an eye for mobile quarterbacks. Because he surely knows the feel for running from pressure."
- "Offseason Forecast: Cleveland Browns" (NFL.com) - "What isn't? After canning Rob Chudzinski on the heels of a 4-12 campaign, the Browns made Mike Pettine their 15th full-time head coach. While Cleveland's 3-4 scheme won't be scrapped -- Pettine favors a multiple, flexible front -- the offense will look entirely different."
- "Kiper/McShay mock draft reax: Browns" (ESPN) - "There's agreement on the Cleveland Browns' two first-round picks in the second mock drafts of ESPN draft analysts Mel Kiper and Todd McShay. Both agree the Browns will take a quarterback with the first pick (fourth overall) and a receiver with the second pick (26th overall). They both even agree on the receiver."
- "Norv Turner: Minnesota Vikings trying to add young QB" (NFL.com) - "The Vikings might have found a new offensive coordinator in Norv Turner, but Minnesota's search for a franchise quarterback remains a work in progress."
- "Tony Gonzalez: Falcons QB Matt Ryan not elite; I was open to trade" (CBS Sports) - "Every NFL offseason there seems to be a debate about which quarterbacks in the league are elite and which ones aren't."
- "Cover-Two: Offseason storylines to watch" (SI.com) - "With the 2013 season over, the 2014 league year right around the corner, and the draft following soon after, every team is getting ready to deal with the offseason process."
- "Clark: NFL players going to use pot" (ESPN) - "Ryan Clark says NFL players, including some of his teammates with the Pittsburgh Steelers, turn to smoking marijuana for a variety of reasons, especially as a means to relieve pain and manage stress."