- "Can Mack, agents outmaneuver Browns?" (ESPN) - "One of the most interesting things to watch when free agency begins next week will be what happens with Cleveland Browns center Alex Mack. In one corner with Mack is one of his agents, Marvin Demoff, who is one of the smartest, shrewdest negotiators around."
- "Matt Schaub could have interest from Browns, Raiders" (NFL.com) - "If -- and, frankly, when -- Matt Schaub is released by the Houston Texans, the quarterback might not be out of work for long. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday that a trio of teams are believed to have interest in the veteran passer, including the Cleveland Browns..."
- "Alex Mack using free agency as flirtation device" (Plain Dealer) - "Slapped with the 'transition' tender that allows him to test free agency but also allows the Browns to match any offer, Alex Mack sounded upbeat about his future here. As upbeat as one can sound while speaking of it in the past tense."
- "Free agency brings hope for Browns … issues, too" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Free agency begins Tuesday at 4 p.m. Negotiations officially started Saturday at noon. Teams were allowed to begin talking to agents about players whose contracts expire Tuesday, but NFL rules stipulate no deals can be reached and teams can’t talk to players who ended last year on other rosters — until Tuesday."
- "How will teams use cap increase?" (ESPN) - "Last year, NFL teams rolled more than $177 million of cap money to 2014 from their 2013 cap anticipating only a $3.3 million increase."
- "Chris Johnson to be shopped by Tennessee Titans" (NFL.com) - "After three months of inactivity and fruitless speculation on Chris Johnson's future in Nashville, we finally have a worthwhile update to pass along."
- "2014 NFL Draft: Week 1 Pro Day takeaways" (CBS Sports) - "The statistics generated at the annual scouting combine can border on information overload -- and that is with all of the players attending the workout competing in the same environment."
- "Why I Retired At 26" (Huffington Post) - "I decided not to hold a press conference because I didn't want to have to say things that were cliché. I've done enough of that since I've been playing football."