Entering the offseason, the Cleveland Browns only had seven free agents. They have only addressed three of those players, so it looks like the other four players will hit the open market. The following three players were retained:
- C Alex Mack - Transition tag worth $10.039 million*
- ILB Craig Robertson - Tendered as ERFA for 1-year, $570,000
- K Billy Cundiff - Signed 1-year, $1.2 million deal
These four players are set to hit the open market:
- RB Willis McGahee - 91% of fans did not want him back.
- OG Shawn Lauvao - 27% of fans had an interest in retraining him.
- OG Oniel Cousins - 93% of fans did not want him back.
- SS T.J. Ward - 89% of fans wanted him back in some capacity.
Ward is the player everybody will be watching. Perhaps Ward requested that he wants to see what teams will offer him before coming back to the Browns with an offer?
*Teams can still negotiate with Mack.