This past Sunday DBN Radio played host to our very first live Writers' Browns-Only Mock Draft with Mike Krupka, Josh Finney and I. It was so much fun that we're doing it again.
Only now it's the community's turn!
During this final week leading up to the big day, we're going to go through all seven rounds and the community will make selections for each of the 10 Cleveland Browns draft picks this year.
Here's how it will work:
- (1) Vote for the prospect you personally believe will be the best selection at that given spot for the Browns.
- (2) Debate the options in the comments below.
- (3) Leave suggestions for realistically viable prospects for the next round.
- (4) "Rec" and reply to comments with prospects that you agree would make for a great selection at that next spot.
- (5) Wait for the post on the next round/pick and do the process again.
Keep in mind, you are free to use whatever draft philosophy you think is best for the Browns. But majority rules in this mock draft.
Also, we won't be making the picks for any other team, so each successive selection is even more speculative. When you make suggestions for prospects that you think would be great picks in any given round, if there's consensus that player is rated much higher than where you suggested, be prepared to justify why think he'll fall that far and why the Browns should ignore those same issues.
Let's get this thing on the road! The Browns first pick at No. 4 overall will be decided over the next 24 hours through the poll below. We'll be using DBN's own community big board for the candidates on the ballot. (You can also use that board as inspiration when suggesting players for future picks.)
To get the mock draft started, we're assuming Jadeveon Clowney, a player widely accepted as by far the best prospect of this year's class, has been taken off the board by one of the three prior teams.
Vote for your ideal pick, defend your selection in the comments below, and feel free to start leaving suggestions for prospects you'd like to see on the ballot for picks No. 26 and 35: