- "Desmond Bryant 145 days after heart surgery: ‘I’m back. I’m healthy’" (ABJ) - "Browns defensive end Desmond Bryant crouched into a three-point stance, lunged toward an orange, rectangular pad and violently struck it with his massive hands."
- "Donte Whitner says Browns defense full of disguises" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "The new-look Cleveland Browns are only two days into minicamp practices, and Donte Whitner already can see significant progress."
- "Josh Gordon can't be this bad in the red zone again" (CBS) - "The Fantasy Football world marveled as Josh Gordon put up historic numbers despite missing two games and then playing with one average quarterback (Brian Hoyer) and two below-average QBs (Brandon Weeden, Jason Campbell)."
- "Quentin Groves thinks Johnny Manziel can succeed in NFL, believes Browns could handle circus he’d bring to town" (C-T) - "Veteran linebacker Quentin Groves thinks Cleveland’s locker room is equipped to handle the circus that would follow Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel to town if he’s drafted by the Browns next week."
- "Fifth-year option tracker" (NFL.com) - "The new rookie wage scale adopted in 2011 requires that all rookies sign four-year contracts. For players taken in the first round, the team has the option to extend the contract for an extra season."
- "Texans deciding between Jadeveon Clowney, Johnny Manziel at No. 1, per report" (SI.com) - "With the 2014 NFL draft just over one week away, the No. 1 overall pick remains a mystery."
- "Bucs expected to strongly consider QB Johnny Manziel in first round" (CBS) - "With the seventh pick of next week's NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers could be in the market to grab a quarterback. Or an offensive lineman. Or a receiver."
- "GM: Rice situation won't impact draft" (ESPN) - "Baltimore Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said the uncertainty surrounding running back Ray Rice's future won't affect the team's draft plans."