Most of us are worried. We just drafted Johnny Manziel, and rightfully so want him to play sooner than later and succeed. He can't do that with the receiving core that the Browns are giving him right now, especially if Gordon faces a year suspension. Regardless of how we feel about the rules and how it seems much harsher than other greater offences, the rules are rules. With that, Lets look at our options for a receiving core that could work:
Draft someone like:
- 1. Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin (really like this kid as a football player)
- 2. Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson (crazy specimen and if he learns to catch)
- 3. Mike Davis, WR, Texas (really underrated player worth a late rounder)
- Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley State (worth a shot at his size and speed)
- Kevin Norwood, Alabama (Day 1 starter for us no joke)
- Jalen Saunders, Oklahoma (can really play WR)
Sign someone like: Earl Bennett? Only 27 years old and not much wear and tear on him?
Maybe Pettine is thinking that the young guys we have on the roster right now in Hawkins, Benjamin, and Cooper can develop into something worthwhile and Little can show up somehow, but at least someone listed above (hopefully 2) needs to be added. I thought about the possibility of Danario Alexander as he is huge (6'5) and youngish (26) and he would cost nothing, but we'll see what happens guys. Either way, lets have some faith. We've drafted possibly 4 starters down the road today and real good talent. Hopefully Gordon wins the appeal and we are right back in the hunt.
Play Vince Young this year and sit Hoyer and Manziel and just tank for Amari Cooper or Dorell Green-Beckham?? Joking! Ha