- "Browns not guaranteeing Manziel starting job" (AP) - "As the crowd of football fans bowed their heads before Browns owner Jimmy Haslam spoke, a priest delivering the invocation asked for a special blessing for new quarterback Johnny Manziel."
- "Browns came 'very close' to drafting Sammy Watkins" (NFL.com) - "The Cleveland Browns' 2014 NFL Draft will be remembered as a franchise-altering masterpiece if cornerback Justin Gilbert and quarterback Johnny Manziel thrive at the next level."
- "Mike Pettine, Browns Not Panicking Over Josh Gordon Report" (92.3 The Fan) - "News that Cleveland Browns receiver Josh Gordon could be lost for the season didn’t rattle the organization’s overall plan during the NFL Draft."
- "Joe Haden: Gilbert was my ‘number one dude’" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "An admitted NFL draft fanatic, Haden put Gilbert’s highlight tape on repeat and raved about his explosion. Haden’s eyes popped when he later looked at the Oklahoma State alum’s interception numbers – seven in 2013 alone."
- "Patrick Peterson, team talk extension" (ESPN) - "Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson said Monday he believes he's worth more than the $57 million Seattle's Richard Sherman received recently."
- "Did Teddy Bridgewater really 'fall' to the 32nd pick?" (CBS) - "Teddy Bridgewater's pro day back in March was hardly a success. His decision not to wear gloves backfired. Critiques about his frame stood out."
- "Johnny Manziel, Michael Sam have highest-selling rookie jerseys" (SI.com) - "The 2014 NFL draft is in the books, but the excitement for fans surrounding their teams’ latest additions is just getting started."
- "Houston Texans reporter keeps word, eats newspaper" (NFL.com) - "We learned that last one on Monday. The backstory: A few months back, McClain wrote that he would eat the front page of the Chronicle's draft day coverage if the Texans didn't use their No. 1 overall pick on a quarterback."