- "God Doesn’t Hate Cleveland" (FiveThirtyEight) - "The Browns’ trade to use the 22nd pick in the 2014 NFL draft on former Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel1 was the latest in a long line of Cleveland sports decisions that made some outsiders chuckle with schadenfreude."
- "What should Browns do with Josh Gordon? Help him, don't banish him" (ESPN Cleveland) - "The Gordon dilemma: I am all over the board on Josh Gordon. The moment he stepped on the practice field in July of 2012 he looked like the best player on the team."
- "Why Joe Haden's contract extension with Cleveland Browns is important on several levels" (Plain Dealer) - "On the same day rookie quarterback Teddy Bridgewater told a national media outlet he didn't want to play in Cleveland, one of the NFL's best cornerbacks agreed to stay for five more years."
- "Simply put, I was sucked back in by the draft" (FOX Sports) - "This past week, I think I became a football fan again. Typically, as the NFL Draft approaches, I find myself trading barbs via social media with football fans and followers, quipping about the draft being America’s quintessential tribute to Communism."
- "Browns take steps to limit access" (ESPN) - "In an effort to control the frenzy following the drafting of Johnny Manziel, the Cleveland Browns will limit media coverage to this weekend's rookie minicamp and other offseason activities."
- "Browns offered Redskins fourth-round pick for Kirk Cousins" (CBS) - "The Browns solved (or attempted to solve anyway) their long-term quarterback problem during the 2014 NFL Draft, picking up Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall selection."
- "Andre Johnson unsure about return" (ESPN) - "Andre Johnson, who holds virtually every receiving record for the Houston Texans, isn't sure he wants to remain with the organization."
- "New policy will change pot discipline" (ESPN) - "It would be too late to help Josh Gordon, Will Hill or anyone else in danger of a lengthy suspension for violations of current rules."