- "Manziel passes first test with Browns" (AP) - "Johnny Manziel spent his first weekend in the NFL hanging around other rookies and unsigned free agents. He's about to take the field with the bigger boys."
- "Browns will start OTAs with Gordon" (FSO) - "The Browns are taking to the practice field, and Josh Gordon will be with the team. There will be first-team reps for rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel, too. Gordon reportedly failed a drug test and is facing a suspension."
- "Gary Danielson's advice to Brian Hoyer in dealing with Manziel Mania: Embrace it" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Back to the future: Before there was Johnny Manziel, Bernie Kosar was the last great Browns quarterback who created the giant buzz in Cleveland."
- "Pilot Flying J president leaves company" (PFT) - "In a development that is catching plenty of attention but has implications that aren’t immediately clear, the billion-dollar truck-stop company owned by Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has parted ways with president Mark Hazelwood."
- "Does NFL have discipline imbalance?" (ESPN) - "Even in a legal system in which business disputes are as common as speeding tickets, this one was a doozy."
- "A primer for when/if the Texans trade Andre Johnson" (CBS) - "Andre Johnson hears 'Father Time' ticking and he once again is looking up at a big mountain to climb in Houston and doesn't know if he feels like taking on another rebuilding project."
- "Union says playoff expansion is 'absolutely' a topic of collective bargaining" (PFT) - "The NFL could be throwing a curve ball at the NFLPA by expanding the postseason field from 12 to 14 without seeking union approval."
- "2014 NFL Draft first-round signing tracker" (NFL.com) - "Odell Beckham became the third first-round pick to sign a contract with his new team following the 2014 NFL Draft."