- "Passing on QB early is risky business" (FSO) - "My two cents for the Cleveland Browns when it comes to the 2014 NFL Draft could be dropped off at the front desk at 76 Lou Groza Blvd. the same as yours, and your co-worker's, and Joe in Warrensville's and Keith in Youngstown's."
- "Don't count on one guy after trade down" (ESPN) - "The idea of the Cleveland Browns trading back in the draft is gaining momentum. If they do, they’d best not do so with one specific player in mind. That’s the advice of Bill Polian, the former builder of the Bills, Panthers and Colts, who said that a team is not wise to expect one specific player to be available if it trades down."
- "Canton among cities bidding to host NFL Draft" (ABJ) - "According to reports, Canton is one of eight cities to put in a bid to host the NFL Draft should it go on the road as has been speculated. According to the New York Post’s Bart Hubbuch, Canton, Boston, Dallas, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Orlando, Chicago and Los Angeles have expressed interest in hosting the annual event."
- "Why Johnny Manziel is the 'safest' pick for the Browns on Thursday" (WFNY) - "One of the draft mantras heard in and around Cleveland is the never-ending rhetoric regarding 'safe' picks. For some, Clemson wide receiver Sammy Watkins is a safe pick. For others it’s one of the top offensive tackles."
- "Richard Sherman signs record deal" (ESPN) - "Seattle Seahawks star Richard Sherman has signed a four-year, $57.4 million contract extension, a deal that easily makes him the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL."
- "Report: Texans asking for three first-rounders, second-rounder for No. 1 pick" (SI.com) - "Teams looking to trade into the draft’s top spot will have to pay a steep price, as Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer is reporting that the Houston Texans are looking for three first-round picks and a second-rounder in return for the No. 1 overall pick."
- "Would the Jaguars draft Johnny Manziel at No. 3?" (CBS) - "A day before we're all to learn his fate in the first round of the NFL draft, Johnny Manziel was generating buzz during his appearance with other prospects at an photo-op event on Wednesday."
- "Denver Broncos have talked trading up in first round" (NFL.com) - "The San Francisco 49ers aren't the only Super Bowl contender attempting to trade up in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft."