- "Hoyer 'securely ahead' of Manziel for Browns' job" (AP) - "Johnny Manziel's No. 2 jersey has double meaning. He's behind Brian Hoyer. Browns coach Mike Pettine said Hoyer is 'securely ahead' in the competition to be Cleveland's starting quarterback this season, but his lead over Manziel isn't 'insurmountable.'"
- "Cameron hoping for encore" (FSO) - "Can he do it again? Browns tight end Jordan Cameron is coming off a breakout season and he hopes to continue his climb among the league's elite tight ends. After being the No. 1 tight end for really the first time in his football career, Cameron responded with an 80-reception season for 917 yards with seven touchdowns."
- "Garrett Gilkey's most important fight awaits him at the start of Cleveland Browns' training camp" (Plain Dealer) - "Garrett Gilkey revealed Thursday he hasn't cut his hair in four years, save for the trimming of split ends at the insistence of his mother and sisters."
- "Next six weeks vital for Johnny Manziel" (ESPN) - "The old line in the NBA is it’s not important who starts games, it’s important who finishes them. So it will be with the Cleveland Browns in training camp. It’s not who starts camp No. 1 on the depth chart (Brian Hoyer), it’s who finishes No. 1 (Hoyer or Johnny Manziel)."
- "Steelers make Pouncey highest-paid center in NFL" (AP) - "As he lay on the Heinz Field turf last September, his right knee in tatters, Maurkice Pouncey admits there was a small part of him that feared his football career might be in jeopardy."
- "Could Marshawn Lynch retire from Seahawks?" (NFL.com) - "Marshawn Lynch was lacking leverage in his quiet quest for a new contract."
- "Charges won't be filed against Colin Kaepernick after Miami incident" (CBS) - "About a week ago, 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick signed a glitzy contract extension, and on Thursday, the good news for Kaepernick continued."
- "Falcons to be on 'Hard Knocks'" (ESPN) - "The Atlanta Falcons will be featured on HBO's "Hard Knocks" during training camp, the team announced Thursday."