- "Justin Gilbert has chance to win No. 2 CB job" (NFL.com) - "While Johnny Manziel dominates social media, the football world has forgotten about the Cleveland Browns' other first-round draft pick. New coach Mike Pettine targeted cornerback Justin Gilbert at No. 8 overall to replicate his success with Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie in the 2009-to-2011 Jets defense."
- "Anthony Armstrong says age won’t hinder his shot at earning a roster spot" (ABJ) - "Sometimes the itch just won’t go away. And when there’s an itch, it must be scratched. That’s what led wide receiver Anthony Armstrong to the Browns."
- "You Won't Believe What Joe Haden Plans on Doing to Receivers in 2014" (Stack) - "Joe Haden isn’t just talking. He’s raving. A mile-wide grin lights up his face as he thrusts his right fist into the open palm of his left hand with excitement."
- "Former Browns coach Sam Rutigliano praises Chuck Noll" (Morning Journal) - "Praise has flowed for Chuck Noll since the former Steelers coach passed away at the age of 82 on June 13, and two days later, just before heading to church, Sam Rutigliano paused to remember the man who hung the Steel Curtain."
- "Still no indication that the Texans would trade Andre Johnson" (PFT) - "As Texans receiver Andre Johnson continues to be sufficiently unhappy with the team to not show up for offseason workouts, the Texans continue to show no inclination to give him what he wants — a new home."
- "Demaryius Thomas gets 5-year offer" (ESPN) - "The Denver Broncos have offered star wide receiver Demaryius Thomas a five-year contract extension, according to multiple media reports."
- "Report: Marshawn Lynch mulling retirement if no new deal" (CBS) - "Beast Mode might be going into retirement mode if he can't get a 'small token of appreciation' from the Seahawks."
- "Report: Vince Young says NFL retirement ‘definitely official I think in my book’" (SI.com) - "NFL free agent quarterback Vince Young informally announced his retirement Saturday at his annual football camp in Texas, local station KXAN is reporting."