- "Browns' Shanahan: Impressive Manziel 'similar' to RG3" (USA TODAY) - "Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan can joke that he's upset Johnny Manziel didn't invite him to the rookie's highly scrutinized Las Vegas getaway. That's because Shanahan knows how hard Johnny Football is working to win the Browns' starting quarterback job."
- "Gordon's latest actions makes you wonder if the Cleveland Browns should issue their own suspension" (Plain Dealer) - "Please, no more excuses for Josh Gordon, the Browns wide receiver who seems determined to destroy his NFL career. No more emails about how marijuana is legal in some states, or how you can't trust some drug tests."
- "Whether it invades an Indians game or an L.A. nightclub, 'Manzielmania' is an unstoppable force" (ABJ) - "Johnny Manziel receives attention wherever he goes because he’s much more than a rookie competing to become the starting quarterback for the Browns. He’s a celebrity who Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has labeled a modern-day Elvis Presley."
- "2014 Cleveland Browns Rookie Preview: Chris Kirksey" (DraftBrowns.com) - "As the NFL game changes and evolves, teams are constantly making an effort to become more innovative. Offenses are playing at faster paces and employing multiple formations all while using the same personnel packages."
- "Stephen Ross: L.A. to 'certainly' get team in five years" (NFL.com) - "Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross sees the NFL making its return to Los Angeles sooner rather than later."
- "DeMaurice Smith says there must be negotiations to expand NFL playoffs" (SI.com) - "One of the hot topics of discussion around the NFL lately has been the possible expansion of the playoffs from 12 to 14 teams."
- "Ed Reed preparing to play in 2014" (ESPN) - "Ed Reed said he's not planning to retire this year, although the perennial Pro Bowl safety may not sign with another team until the season begins."
- "Seahawks out of chase for Finley" (PFT) - "As we (and plenty of others) try to figure out where free-agent tight end Jermichael Finley took a visit on Friday, we’ve learned he has one fewer suitor, despite being medically cleared to play."