FanPost

Analyzing Johnny Manziel's Recent Interview



Johnny Manziel made news once again recently for his interview about how his antics are being portrayed. Ever since Manziel was drafted by the Browns and held up those money signs, the media has not been shy when it comes to Manziel criticism. After being drafted, Manziel made the news with actions such as riding a inflatable swan while drinking alcohol and partying in Vegas with fellow NFL star Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski. Through all of this, the humble Cleveland Browns have been getting more media attention than ever. Head Coach Mike Pettine did not seem to really care, however. He stated on numerous occasions that Manziel had been working hard on the field and he did not mind where Manziel went with his free time. The public seemed to agree. According to the SportsNation poll on ESPN, 75% of voters agreed with Pettine, thinking that Manziel should be able to spend his free time as he pleases. The other 25% thought that Manziel should tone it down. Manziel responded to this criticism by basically saying he did not care about what others thought and defended his actions. With all of that in the past, Manziel seemed to have listened. He was not so rowdy and kept a low profile following the media criticism of his Vegas trip. He was making improvements on the field. However, there were important people telling Manziel to cut it out. Three Hall of Famers thought he should tone it down, and even reports of Joe Haden, Manziel's teammate and longtime Browns player, suggesting to Manziel to keep a low profile. At a recent Play 60 event, Manziel was asked whether all of the media hype surrounding his actions bothered him. Manziel said that he was "not going to change himself for anybody", making defiant comments defending his actions. He made an interesting point in the interview. Manziel said that what he was doing off the field was not affecting him on the field. This makes sense, for now. However, Browns fans will be furious if Manziel does not deliver on the field, and continues his antics off the field.

This is a fan-created post. Dawgs By Nature assumes no responsibility for the content listed.

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join Dawgs By Nature

You must be a member of Dawgs By Nature to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Dawgs By Nature. You should read them.

Join Dawgs By Nature

You must be a member of Dawgs By Nature to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Dawgs By Nature. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9341_tracker