- "Agent for Browns' Hoyer confident contract coming" (AP) - "Brian Hoyer's precarious grip on the Browns' starting job — and rookie Johnny Manziel's presence — makes it tough to negotiate a new contract for the quarterback. His agent thinks it will happen anyway."
- "Justin Gilbert On Contract: 'We’re Working On It'" (92.3 The Fan) - "Cleveland Browns cornerback Justin Gilbert remains the lone member of the team’s draft class that is unsigned. And he doesn’t seem to be worried about it one bit."
- "Shanahan: Manziel Has Chance To Compete In Camp" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Offensive Coordinator talks about his early career in football, and discusses the quarterback competition surrounding this year's training camp." - VIDEO
- "Tim Couch? Derek Anderson? Brian Hoyer? Who are the top 5 Cleveland Browns quarterbacks since 1999?" (Plain Dealer) - "If Johnny Manziel starts a game for the Cleveland Browns under center this season, he will become the 21st different starting quarterback for the Browns since 1999."
- "Bills LB Kiko Alonso tears ACL" (ESPN) - "Buffalo Bills linebacker Kiko Alonso, one of the team's rising young players, tore his ACL while working out in Oregon and is expected to miss the season, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter."
- "Report: Cowboys trade for Ravens LB Rolando McClain" (CBS) - "Back in April, former Raiders first-round pick Rolando McClain, who signed with the Ravens last year, came out of retirement ... only change his mind a few days later."
- "No charges against 49ers' Aldon Smith for fake bomb threat" (SI.com) - "Charges will not be filed against San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith in a case where he was arrested for saying he had a bomb, according to Bill Williamson of ESPN.com."
- "Bruce Arians on John Abraham: He’s a freak of nature" (PFT) - "Cardinals linebacker John Abraham set a big goal for himself last month."