Welcome to the first day of Dawgs By Nature's coverage of the Cleveland Browns' training camp. Although I won't be able to attend most of the sessios personally, there is plenty of media coverage as well as other fan experiences that can give you a good idea of how certain players are performing. First off though, here are some notes from Mary Kay Cabot in regards to what general manager Phil Savage stated just before training camp this morning.
- Active/PUP Lists: DeMario Minter will undergo surgery tomorrow, which is the reason he was placed on the Active/PUP list. Braylon Edwards will be biking and running during camp. Although Edwards is expected to be back by October 1st, he could always be ready by September 1st.
- Travis Wilson's Deal: Some progress has been made, but his status is still day-to-day. However, if Wilson misses a lot of time, he could miss significant playing time just like Edwards did last year.
- Winslow's Status: The Browns will still be cautious with him, since the priority is to make sure he is 100% by opening day.
- When: Today was the first session of training camp for the Browns. It was supposed to be two hours long, but it only lasted a little over an hour long because Romeo Crennel shortened it for some reason.
- Player Notes(6:00 PM updated): Kellen Winslow Jr. was on the field and drew applause from the crowd any time he got involved in the action. Winslow was the standout player of the day, running smoothly and making sharp cuts left and right. He was definitely the elite out of the tight end group. Joe Jurevicius and Dennis Northcutt played to their abilities, while none of the rookie receivers shined too much. Braylon Edwards was playing catch with Winslow before the practice began. Ted Washington looked like a truck in person, his size is more intimidating than our whole defensive line was last year, exclusing Roye.
- Player Notes(8:00 PM updated): Lee Suggs was very quick on the field. Charlie Frye threw the football very well, but it looked like Ken Dorsey was already throwing wobbly passes.
More Photos: Browns QBs | Frye Throwing | Winslow Cutting | Browns WRs | Winslow Autographs | Jurevicius | Wimbley Autograph
Note: Photo credits go to Mark Duncan of the AP.