Continuing the news on the Browns showing interest in defensive backs early on in free agency, safety James Butler is scheduled to visit the team Saturday night. Butler was the Giants' starting safety last season, and would be an option to replace Sean Jones. Butler had 68 tackles and 3 interceptions last season.
In other news...
- It looks like QB Matt Cassel has been dealt to the Kansas City Chiefs for the No. 34 overall pick, which is almost a first-rounder. This eliminates one team possibly interested in Derek Anderson.
- Browns fans don't have to worry about seeing Andra Davis on our team anymore. He signed a two-year deal with the Denver Broncos today, according to reports.
Is it hard to sit back and watch the Browns be inactive in free agency? Denver, for example, has made a big splash already by signing the following players:
- Houston Texans WR David Anderson* (restricted offer sheet)
- Arizona Cardinals RB J.J. Arrington
- Philadelphia Eagles RB Correll Buckhalter
- New England Patriots WR Jabar Gaffney
- Miami Dolphins S Renaldo Hill
- New England Patriots LS Lonie Paxton
- Indianapolis Colts DT Darrell Reid
- Philadelphia Eagles S Brian Dawkins
- Cleveland Browns LB Andra Davis
The Browns have -1 players since the start of free agency, while the Broncos have 9 new players and counting.