The Browns have waived three players recently -- which names won't you be seeing in training camp? And, why have the roster odds of former Cleveland State basketball player J`Nathan Bullock increased for the New York Jets?
Since rookie RB James Davis and rookie LB Kaluka Maiava signed a few days ago, a few more transactions took place. Here is the cliff notes version of them:
- Sixth-round CB Don Carey was signed to a four-year deal. Our other sixth-round CB, Coye Francies, also signed a four-year deal. Scout.com reports that his deal is believed to be worth $1.855 million, which includes a signing bonus of about $100,500.
- Four draft picks remain unsigned, and those would be our first four selections: C Alex Mack, WR Brian Robiskie, WR Mohamed Massaquoi, and LB David Veikune.
- The team has not officially announced the signing of Maiava, so the Browns only had to waive three players so far to make room for Davis, Carey, and Francies. The players who were waived are listed below:
- WAIVED: RB Marcus Thomas. You can cross him off as a contender from our training camp preview.
- WAIVED: LB Jonathan Foster. I didn't know anything about him in the inside linebacker preview post, and it looks like it'll stay that way.
- WAIVED: DB Nate Ness, meaning I have one less DB to preview next week. The number of Browns' undrafted free agents are declining quickly.
Finally, I wanted to bring up former Cleveland State basketball player J`Nathan Bullock again for an update. He was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Jets after the April draft, and his roster odds have recently increased. Dustin Keller is no doubt the Jets' starting tight end, but the team just waived backup veteran tight end Bubba Franks. That leaves just Bullock and another rookie as the only tight ends on their roster.