The votes are in, and after 75 votes our DBN Big Board slots 31-35 are as follows:
31. Sean Weatherspoon--123 total points
32. Bruce Campbell--93 total points
33. Jermaine Gresham--88 total points
34. Demaryius Thomas--84 total points
35. Nate Allen--78 total points
On to the 36th-40th slots!
The draft board to date:
1. Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
2. Ndamukong Suh, DL, Nebraska
3. Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
4. Joe Haden, CB, Florida
5. Gerald McCoy, DL, Oklahoma
6. Earl Thomas, S, Texas
7. Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
8. Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma St.
9. Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St.
10. Mike Iupati, OL, Idaho
11. CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson
12. Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
13. Taylor Mays, S, USC
14. Jason Pierre-Paul, DE/OLB, USF
15. Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
16. Derrick Morgan, DE/OLB, Georgia Tech
17. Brandon Graham, DE/OLB, Michigan
18. Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB Texas
19. Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise St.
20. Jared Odrick, DL, Penn St.
21. Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
22. Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
23. Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee
24. Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
25. Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno St.
26. Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
27. Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
28. Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
29. Jahvid Best, RB, Cal
30. Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
31. Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri
32. Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
33. Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
34. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
35. Nate Allen, S, USF
Our Draft Board
Our draft board will be a ranking of the players that are draft eligible, from best to worst. It should also take need, value, and character into account--if you think these things should be taken into account at all. If you always want the best player available, just rank them from best to worst.
For more information, see the initial Big Board post.
Rank the top five available players. Take talent, value, need, and character into account if you think the Browns should take these things in to account when drafting.
Players will receive 5 points for every first place vote, 4 for every second place, and so on. They will receive 0 points if they are unranked. Total points from all ballots will be added, and the 5 players with the most votes will be taken out of the pool of available players and put up on the big board.
This is not a mock draft.
Don't predict what will happen
Don't think about other teams
Don't worry about who is available. Assume everyone you can vote for is available. (I will take players out of the vote-able pool once we put them on the board)
Just rank your guys in the order you would like to see them drafted by the Browns.
For instance, I think the top five players purely in terms of talent are:
1. Ndamukong Suh, DT
2. Eric Berry, S
3. Gerald McCoy, DT
4. Sam Bradford, QB
5. Anthony Davis, OT
Because of need, value, and character, my first ballot will look like this:
4. Earl Thomas
5. Rolando McClain
Please vote only once.
Using the Scouts Inc. rankings (yes, I am aware of how much you hate Todd McShay) I will compile a pool of 25 draft eligible players. We will take a poll and rank players five at a time. New polls will happen every two days or so until the draft.
If there are players you think I should include in the draft-eligible pool--especially if they aren't coming up in McShay's rankings, let me know and I will put them in for the next poll. Thanks for voting!