Last year, from June 21, 2009 to July 27, 2009, we spent several weeks doing training camp previews by position, generally with two positions covered per week. That structure worked out so well last year that I'm going to roll with it again this year. I kept the same subtitles as last year; the "rough" schedule will be as follows (seen after the jump):
Week 1: Offensive Attack
- Quarterback (June 20 to June 22)
- Running Back (June 23 to June 26)
Week 2: Down in the Trenches
- Defensive Line (June 27 - June 29)
- Offensive Line (June 30 - July 3)
Week 3: See Ball, Catch Ball...and Block
- Wide Receiver (July 4 - July 8)
- Tight End (July 9 - July 10)
Week 4: Hard Hitting and Klutch Kicks
- Linebacker (July 11 - July 15)
- Special Teams (July 16 - July 17)
Week 5: Cover the Field
- Safety (July 18 - July 21)
- Cornerback (July 22 - July 24)
Week 6: Pre-Camp Huddle
- Wrapping everything together before training camp starts, including more roster projections, how our team differs from a year ago, and much, much more (July 25 - July 30)
Week 7 Onward: Training Camp Begins
- Mark your calendars: on July 31, training camp (the one that is open to the public) officially begins for the Cleveland Browns (official date not yet confirmed).
If anybody would like to contribute a special "piece" during a specifically-themed week (i.e. a Joe Thomas love poem during the OL week, or a Jake Delhomme rant piece during the "QB" week), send me an email with your idea and I'll try to let you know the best date to post it.
Pretty much all topics are open. The pieces do not need to be extraordinarily long, and you don't need to write more than one piece. If you're interested, pitch your idea to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, if you don't feel like writing, please leave suggestions for potential pieces you would like to see over the next few weeks.